Awarded to Efacec through EPC contract (Engineering, Procurement and Construction)
Implemented on the field of Santo Amaro 1 Power Plant, with diesel engines, this new power plant has an installed capacity of 6 megawatts.
The installation of this power plant to generate electricity occurred after the archipelago had experienced its biggest power supply crisis, resulting from a failure in the main power plant of the country, which had to face successive interruption of electricity that affected several services such as telecommunications, hotels and public entities.
With the entry into operation of this new power plant, it is expected that at least 90% of the territory of São Tomé have regular energy supply, something that will change the lives of São Toméans.
Since its entry into service to date, Santo Amaro 2 power plant has already exported more than 12 GWh of electricity to the grid, with a very high availability rate, which clearly proves the success of this project, which consequently offers possibilities for future projects in São Tomé within this business area.
Scope of the Project
- 3 x ABC 750 rpm 2,5MVA, 0,4kV engines , canopied
- 3 x 0.4 / 30kV 3150KVA transformers
- Consumables for the 3 motors, except fuel, for 12.000 h operation
- 30 kV MV electric board
- LV electric boards
- Battery System and Inverter
- Command and Control System
- Emergency Diesel Group
- Connection to the existing fuel and water systems
- Reconditioning of equipment supplied by EDP
- Supply of MV 30KV cubicles (2 Switches, + 3 IF + 1 Circuit Breaker)
- Training for 8 technicians
- O & M supervision during 3 months
- Compressed Air System, Special Tools, Lighting
- Testing and commissioning