for a better life
We develop sustainable solutions that positively impact the economy,
society and the environment, improving the quality of life of millions of people
around the world.
We are committed to building a more sustainable future through responsible business conduct, portfolio innovation and the development of green products and solutions that address the world’s biggest challenges.
We guide all our actions based on the three pillars
We consider it fundamental to incorporate sustainability at the heart of organisations and to have a systems-based approach with the collaboration of all stakeholders.
We create value in the Energy, Environment and Mobility sectors through our global operations.
Our Sustainability Policy is an document that aims to guide the actions and practices in
alignment with the three dimensions of sustainability:
Environmental, Social and Governance.
At Efacec, the essential principles for achieving the goals and creating a sustainable business are:
The biogas plant in Korskro, contracted to Efacec by Nature Energy, has the function of recovering organic waste from agricultural activities.
Efacec was responsible for a set of solutions that enable an efficient operation in the anaerobic digestion phase.
Located on the outskirts of San Pedro de Atacama, one of the few towns in the Atacama Desert, with just over 3,000 inhabitants and situated at an altitude of 2,400 meters in the region of Antofagasta, the .8 MWp Solar Photovoltaic Park is the second park built by Efacec for RIJN Capital Chile, S.A.
Efacec’s Service area is directly aligned with the principles of circular economy, significantly contributing to Sustainable Development Goal 12. Its main vectors of activity include the reuse of components, extension of equipment useful life and the improvement of performance levels.
Efacec is committed to fulfilling global commitments in the areas where it operates, as well as becoming increasingly ambitious in its Sustainability Policy, applying it to all its activities.
Efacec is determined to reduce the CO2 emissions resulting from its activities. In 2019, the company joined the international movement in favor of decarbonization: The Business Ambition for 1.5°.
The commitments signed require halving CO2 emissions by 2030 and the achievement of carbon neutrality by 2050.
The action plan is already underway and the project team has been actively working to achieve the defined objectives
In order to boost the reduction of its carbon footprint, Efacec joined the EV100, a global initiative that brings together companies focused on accelerating the transition to electric vehicles.
Thus, Efacec is gradually converted its vehicle fleet to electric vehicles. Simultaneously, it has supported and encouraged employees to adopt electric mobility by installing charging points at its two main industrial units.
As a leader in the production of charging solutions for electric vehicles, Efacec continues to honor its commitment and alignment with the Sustainable Development Goals by developing sustainable solutions and actions that contribute to the electrification of the future.
Efacec supports the objectives of the Modern Slavery Act and is fully committed to operating free from all forms of human rights violations, in all its business operations and supply chains. Through the Modern Slavery Declaration, which can be consulted on the link below, it is possible to understand the steps Efacec has taken in its activity to prevent modern slavery and human trafficking.
The Charter of Principles of BCSD Portugal – Business Council for Sustainable Development establishes the principles that constitute the guidelines for good business management.
As a company that subscribes to the Charter of Principles, Efacec
- Recognizes the importance of sharing information on sustainability with stakeholders.
- Considers that the Charter is applicable to the entire value chain and seeks dialogue with its direct suppliers to encourage them to join this initiative.
- It is committed to the ambition set by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Efacec has a set of commitments that promote ethics and transparency in its business, namely:
- Anti-Corruption Policy – Efacec is committed to a policy of transparency and zero tolerance towards any form of corruption or bribery, regardless of geography and the public or private nature of the business. Aligned with Principle 10 of the UN Global Compact and the OECD Anti-Corruption Convention, this Policy lists the internal rules that translate Efacec’s commitment against corruption, ensuring that all actions and decisions are taken in the best interest of customers, the market and society.
- Policy on Gifts and Hospitality – The exchange of gifts and hospitality in the commercial sphere is not, in itself, illegal or ethically reprehensible. However, it may create (or appear to create) conflicts of interest or inappropriate influences, as well as legal and reputational compliance risks. This Policy defines what may be offered or received, in the commercial sphere.
- Conflict of Interest Policy – Although, in general, conflicts of interest are not inherently wrong or inappropriate, they can cause damage to a company. At Efacec, all situations of conflict of interest, real or apparent, shall be immediately declared in writing, by filling in the Conflict of Interest Declaration, prior to any decision making that may reveal the potential conflict.
- Privacy and Data Protection Policy – Efacec is committed to ensure the security of the personal data of its partners, both commercial and non-commercial, and its employees, in compliance with the data protection legislation applicable in all the jurisdictions where it operates. Procedures and tools are therefore in place to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Efacec also has a Privacy Team, whose main mission is to ensure the rights of the holders of personal data, promoting clear and objective communication with all employees regarding compliance with the GDPR and other applicable legislation.
- Code of Conduct – Efacec’s Code of Conduct, complementary policies and procedures are based on the international principles of business integrity, respect for human rights, labour rights and sustainability, reinforcing the commitment to transparent and responsible business. In this way, we ensure that all stakeholders are guided by the same ethical principles and that everyone shares responsibility for complying with the legal standards that govern Efacec’s activity.