Contract for electromechanical works for lines B1 and C1 of Dublin’s light rail system (Luas).
Efacec is responsible for the turnkey supply of all electromechanical systems for the expansion of the LUAS in Lines B1 and C1, throughout 11 km and 16 new stations. The scope of Efacec’s supplies includes design, installation and testing of:
• Traction Substations: design and supply of the turnkey solution;
• Lighting, electric installation and power supply;
• SCADA system for fixed installations (technical supervision) and substations (power management);
• Signalling: signalling equipments for the whole line and in the PMO (Machinery facilities);
• Operations Support Systems (SAE), including onboard computers and railway equipment;
• Video (for lines B1, C1 and in the entire existing network), including digital video signals and supply of new encoding and recording equipment;
• Digital transmission (for B1, C1 and the entire existing network), including a Gigabit Ethernet network to support all communications;
• Public information: visual and sound;
• Emergency telephone system;
• Radio Communications (TETRA);
• Fire and intrusion detection;
• New Control Center, to control the entire network.