In accordance with Decree-Law no. 34/2011 from the 8th of March, Minigeneration is considered to be a “small-scale decentralized power production activity, resorting, as such, to renewable resources and delivering, on payment, electricity to the public grid, provided that there is effective power consumption at the installation site.”
Decree-Law no. 34/2011 from the 8th of March establishes, among other things:
- Conditions required for generate electricity;
- Rights and duties of producers;
- Amount paid for the electricity generated;
- Tariff scheme: special scheme (tariff paid at a higher amount) and general scheme (tariff equal to the purchase amount);
- Performance of an energy audit.
Conditions to generate energy
In order to become a producer, it is necessary to:
- Have a contract with a power supplier;
- Consume, at the site, a quantity of electricity equal or superior to 50% of the power that is intended to generate;
- Not inject the electrical grid with more than 50% of the contracted power;
- Subscribe to the Miniproduction Registry System (SRMini – managed by CERTIEL) www.renovaveisnahora.pt;
- Obtain the operation certificate;
- Energy Audit.
1. SRMini Registry;
2. Payment of a registration fee;
3. Minigeneration installation process
4. Execution of the inspection and requisition of the operation certificate
5. Contract signing
6. Connection to the grid to begin generating and feeding electricity to the electrical grid
Characteristics of the Minigeneration Unit
Efacec’s solution proposes equipment that ensures a high performance during the entire useful life of the installation.
Photovoltaic modules convert solar energy into electrical energy and are installed in series and in parallel in order to reach the desired power.
Efacec proposes modules of Polycrystalline and/or amorphous silicon technology (provided by market-leading manufacturers) to ensure a high performance during the installation’s entire service life.
The inverter ensures the connection with the electrical grid, in keeping with the specifications established by Decree-Law no. 168/99 from the 18th of May. In this case, Efacec possesses a product that is based on a platform specially developed for applications in the field of renewable energies, manufactured with high-quality and long-duration components.
Efacec provides all installation accessories and services necessary for the conclusion of the project and turn-key delivery.
From the metal support structure (determined by taking into account the mechanical stresses and environmental conditions), to electrical protections (whose dimensions provide a high availability of the system, ensuring the protection of users and equipments) and selection of all equipments, Efacec provides the best solution by developing:
- The entire project dossier;
- The entire engineering, management and planning process;
- Ensuring the transport, installation and design of the minigeneration unit;
- Installation and commissioning;
- Energy audit;
- Waste management.
Efacec’s experience includes several projects carried out in the field of Minigeneration.
- IPB (Polytechnic Institute of Bragança);
- Aveiro University.
Start generating Green Energy, today